Keep in mind
- Lots of thought has been put into the level descriptions to allow for great classes.
Be honest with yourself when deciding.
- Teachers and organizers may move you to a level more suitable for you or to meet the festivals needs and ensure the best learning experience.
- I have taken a Blues beginner course before and been dancing blues for a few months up to ~1 year
- I am able to lead/follow basic moves (basic steps, travelling, simple turns etc)
- I know a few solo moves, variations and rhythms (fishtails, four corners etc)
- I have a basic understanding of the close embrace
- I can differentiate between different Blues music styles
- I have been actively dancing Blues for more than a year
- I can comfortably lead/follow basic moves and some more complex ones
- I am comfortable with more than a few solo moves
- My close embrace usually feels quite good
- I know what Blues idioms are and can recognize some of them
- I am aware of the music and try to match it with my dancing
- I have been actively dancing Blues at least 2 years and have been to a few international events
- Most of the time I can get a very good connection with a partner.
Leading/following fairly complex moves is not an issue
- I have a solid and varied dance vocabulary, good quality of movement and control of my body
- I am very comfortable with the close embrace technique
- I have taken classes in some Blues idioms before
- I am confident dancing to most Blues music styles and my dancing will match the music
- I have been actively dancing Blues for a long time and have been to more international events than I can remember
- It is rare that I can’t connect with a partner at least well enough to share an enjoyable dance
- Quality of movement, Blues aesthetic and combining layers of dancing (rhythms, shapes, dynamics etc) are at the core of my movement
- No matter the style of Blues music, if it has a good groove, I can confidently dance to it and match the music!
- I can copy moves quite easily and figure out the technique required to make it work
- I enjoy learning new concepts and exploring how to apply them to my own dancing
- (Might require audition)
- I’ve been dancing Blues for a while and am comfortable with more than a few solo moves
- I can differentiate between different Blues music styles and my dancing will match the music
- I can visually copy moves quite easily and fast
- I am eager to work on my quality of movement, the Blues aesthetic and combining layers of dancing (rhythms, shapes, dynamics etc)