Welcome (back) to Athens!
It’s been three years since Athens had its’ last Blues dance festival!
A lot has happened since then! Mainly:
- Alex now owns his own dance studio where Blues plays a more central part! This is where he & Ioanna teach locally. Thanks to that...
- Our Blues dance scene has exploded! We have on average more than 70 people attending weekly Blues classes!
- Our local dancers started travelling to other festivals. This has helped them grow as dancers, their understanding of the Blues culture and made lots of friends (there’s a chance you’re here because one of them talked you into coming)
All this makes us extremely excited to be hosting «Blues After Hours»!
If you know us, you know we’ve put our whole hearts into it.
We hope you enjoy every part of it: the classes, venues, music & of course the beauties and delicacies the city of Athens has to offer!
See you on the dance floor,
and a group of crazy, excited & loving volunteers!
Before the festival
People with a Party Pass can also attend the talk with Dara.
(must register on the link above)
You will be notified via email about which you’ve been assigned to or you can ask at the front desk.
You will find a volunteer ready to help during all class hours.
All other classes venues are 2-5 mins from there.
If you added the «Thu night side-event» till last Sunday and you’ve been accepted (check here), you can join us at a Greek tavern with live music!
Here are the details
Map of all venues Classes schedule
Before attending any party or class you must collect your bracelet*.
If you arrive early and are planning to come to the tavern you can check-in early!
@«Stomping Ground» from 19:00 to 20:00
- Level A from 19:00 @ «Stomping Ground»
- Levels B, C & D and Party Passes from 21:15 @ the party venue
- Levels A & B from 11:15 @ «Stomping Ground»
- Levels C & D from 11.15 @ «Alkimini Theater»
* The bracelets are crochet, hand-made with love by @Bernadette Crochet. We hope you keep them as a souvenir for quite some time after the festival. You can find some of Bernadettes’ creations at our studio.
- Address: Sfittion 10, Athens 11854
- 1st floor (enter from the pedestrian street)
- Address: Alkminis 8-12, Athens 11854
- Address: Thessalonikis 17, Athens 11851
- If possible, bring another pair of shoes and change from your street shoes when entering
Audition (level D)
After deliberation with the team and the teachers, we have decided not to hold an audition for group D.
- This will give everyone more time to sleep on Sat morning (you’re welcome)
- We are confident the level will be good on group D as is.
- If you had signed up for the audition you are placed in group D!
- If you had just signed up for «Level C/D», but not selected the audition you are placed in group C
(Check your registration for an «accepted» or «confirmed» status on «Audition for level D»)
There is a supermarket right across the street from our studio.
This will be your best option for buying snacks to get through the classes!
This is not open on Sunday!
During the Saturday lunch break there will be some snacks available at our studio.
These are courtesy of one of our students’ bakery!
The bar on the ground floor of our studio serves good food!
But it will be impossible for them to serve everyone during the lunch break.
Better save this option for after classes, when you’re not in a rush.
Parties Start at 21:30
- Check-in on Friday night opens at 21:15
First live set at 23:00
- Friday night party ends at 3am
- Sat & Sun parties have no time-limit
Friday Nigh Venue
- Remember to bring an ID !
- Dress up
- Friday: Athens Armed Forces Officers Club
- Saturday: Odos Lysiou
- Sunday: Architektoniki Live (bring cash for the bar)
- European Emergency number: 112
(for all types of emergencies)
- Police: 100
- Medical Emergencies: 166
Festival related «emergencies»
- Dimitra (volunteer) +306944639002
- Marina (volunteer) +306989788941
- Alex (organizer) +306938024910
- Ioanna (organizer) +306946088803
We will be quite busy making sure everything is running smoothly so please use these as a last resource if you can’t find a volunteer to help out.
- INCLUDE FULL SCHEDULE
- Add audition final info