«Round Midnight» was the first Blues festival that put Athens, Greece on the European Blues dance map!
It was organized by Alex & Mariangela with the assistance of Ioanna and our tiny (at the time) but enthusiastic Blues community in Athens!
Its’ dual purpose
Get Blues dancers and musicians from around the world to experience Athens and bring some of their talent to our hometown.
Inspire the local community to get hooked with the Blues (dancing and music) and allow our community to grow!
And it succeeded without a doubt!
Blues dancers from all over the world had a wondrous time and created beautiful memories and friendships, while the Blues dance community in Athens was ecstatic!
For many Round Midnight holds a special place in their heart as it was their last Blues dance festival before the pandemic hit Europe and all events were cancelled!
So, what now?
Many things changed during covid:
- Alex opened up his own dance school (yeah, during the pandemic! crazy, huh?) and together with Ioanna have been nourishing a Blues community that has exploded!
- As for the festival, three years later it’s fair to say it’s waaay past ‘round midnight... it’s after hours!
Now Alex & Ioanna are getting ready to bring the Blues back to Athens with our new «Blues After Hours Festival» in October (14th-16th)!
- our enthusiastic and devoted local community,
- inspiring dance instructors,
- talented local & international musicians and DJs
- hopefully you and your dancing friends!